West Chester Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident can impact all areas of your life. Not only can you suffer serious physical injuries, but a car accident can affect your financial, mental, and emotional well-being. If a negligent driver injured you or your loved one, contact Wilk Law for help.
At Wilk Law, our car accident attorneys understand that the aftermath of a wreck can be devastating. Our firm has the resources, knowledge, and experience necessary to help you move forward with your life. When you retain Wilk Law, you have access to:
- Prompt and sound legal advice;
- Attorneys who care about you and your situation; and
- Aggressive negotiators and litigators with a track record of success.
Contact our office today to schedule a free claim evaluation. A car accident attorney will meet with you to discuss any legal options available to you and answer your car accident questions. At Wilk Law, we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no legal fees or expenses unless we collect money for you.
How Our West Chester Car Accident Attorneys Can Help
At Wilk Law, our clients are our priority. No two car accident cases are alike. That is why our attorneys work directly with you to create a legal strategy that meets your needs.
Studies show that car accident victims who work with an attorney receive more compensation than those who handle their claims. Not only does Wilk Law work tirelessly to get you maximum compensation for your injuries, but we also seek to hold negligent parties responsible for your personal injuries.
Meet with Wilk Law to learn more about our client services, which include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting a thorough car accident investigation;
- Identifying all parties who are liable for your injuries;
- Uncovering every available source of compensation;
- Hiring needed experts in the accident reconstruction, medical, and financial fields;
- Calculating your total losses and demanding a fair settlement from the insurance company;
- Handling all insurance company correspondence;
- Preparing your car accident claim for court;
- Negotiating a just settlement with the insurance company; and
- Taking your case to court and trial, if necessary.
Most car accident cases settle before any court hearings. However, Wilk Law will go to trial if that is the best option for your car accident case. Take your first step towards accident recovery by calling our office today.
Causes of Car Accidents in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Car accidents are often the result of driver negligence or error. Approximate 350 car accidents take place in Pennsylvania daily. Driver negligence in Pennsylvania and across the United States takes many forms, including:
- Drunk driving;
- Distracted driving;
- Driving drowsy;
- Failure to follow traffic signs and signals;
- Driving inappropriately for weather conditions;
- Failure to perform vehicle maintenance; and
- Driving aggressively.
Not all Pennsylvania car accidents are due to driver negligence. Other parties potentially responsible for car accidents are:
- Car manufacturers;
- Car parts and systems manufacturers;
- Government agencies in charge of road design and maintenance; and
- Companies that employ drivers with poor driving records.
Many of the reported accidents not involving driver negligence resulted from defective tires and wheels, and brakes.
Car Accident Injuries
Severe injuries can result from a car accident regardless of its cause. Car accident injuries vary according to the type of vehicles involved, the speed of the vehicles, and the configuration of the crash.
Some injuries typically seen in car accidents include:
- Head and brain injury, including traumatic brain injury;
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis;
- Neck and back injuries;
- Internal organ damage;
- Broken bones and fractures;
- Loss of a limb;
- Knee injuries;
- Shoulder injuries;
- Foot and ankle injuries;
- Wrist and hand injuries;
- Crushing injuries; and
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
While many car accident injuries are easy to see and treat, brain injuries are difficult to detect and may show up days or weeks after an accident. Always follow-up with a medical professional after your initial evaluation for injuries.
Car Accident Compensation
Compensation for a car accident is different in every accident. The amount of damages available to a victim depends on the parties involved, the severity and extent of the victim’s injuries, and the impact of the accident on the victim’s life overall.
Damage awards for car accident injuries often include:
- Medical bills and hospitalization;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of income;
- Property damages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental and emotional trauma; and
- When applicable, wrongful death expenses.
Any compensation for a car accident should take future accident-related medical care and expenses into account.
What to Do After a Car Accident in West Chester
There are steps to take after a car accident to preserve your legal rights and overall health and well-being.
Protect yourself after an accident by doing the following:
- Seek immediate medical attention for any injuries even if they do not appear serious;
- Contact law enforcement so they can prepare an accident report at the scene;
- Collect contact information from the other driver, including their insurance information and driver’s license number;
- Collect contact information for any witnesses to the accident;
- Take pictures of the accident scene, any property damage, and your injuries; and
- Contact an experienced West Chester car accident attorney.
It is essential to contact an attorney as soon as possible after a car accident. There are time limits to file car accident claims in Pennsylvania, and evidence can disappear with time. Also, witnesses may move or forget important details about the accident.
Contact a West Chester Car Accident Attorney
If you would like your car accident reviewed by an experienced West Chester attorney, call Wilk Law. Not only can our car accident attorneys answer your claims questions, but we can also refer you to specialists and other injury services to aid in your recovery.
Your initial consultation is free at Wilk Law, and we do not charge upfront fees or expenses to handle your claim. Contact us now to discuss the specific facts of your car accident and learn how Wilk Law can help you get the justice, compensation, and closure you need to move forward with your life.