West Chester Bicycle Accident Attorney
At Wilk Law, we are proud to provide compassionate legal representation to bicycle accident victims. Our bicycle accident attorneys aggressively pursue negligent parties to hold them financially responsible for injuries they cause.
Wilk Law’s bicycle accident attorneys are:
- Successful in procuring compensation for our clients through both negotiations and litigation;
- Focused and driven to win; and
- Knowledgeable about all Pennsylvania bicycle rules and regulations.
Meet with us confidentially at your convenience. There is no charge for your initial consultation, and Wilk Law charges no upfront legal expenses or fees.
If you or your loved one suffered a serious bicycle accident and are unsure of where to turn for help, contact Wilk Law online or call us at (855) 946-3678. Our experienced bicycle accident attorneys will listen to your case’s facts and advise you of any legal options available.
How Our West Chester Bicycle Accident Attorneys Can Help
A bicycle accident attorney from Wilk Law will meet with you, answer all of your legal questions, and take the burden of filing and litigating your valid accident claim off of your hands. Wilk Law will handle all insurance company correspondence and respond to any accident-related creditors.
Our bicycle accident attorneys will also do the following on your behalf:
- Investigate your accident;
- Collect any evidence such as police reports, medical records, and receipts;
- Identify all liable parties and possible sources of compensation;
- Consult with needed medical, financial, and accident experts;
- Keep you apprised of all settlement offers; and
- If necessary, take your case to court.
There are time limits to file a bicycle accident lawsuit in Pennsylvania, so call our West Chester bicycle accident attorneys today. The sooner you call Wilk Law, the faster we can obtain compensation and justice for you.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents in West Chester, PA
Negligence is the leading cause of bicycle accidents. Many drivers are simply distracted, not paying attention to bicyclists, or unaware bicyclists are on the roadway at all.
Negligent drivers may do any of the following:
- A driver cuts off a bicyclist upon entering the roadway;
- A driver makes a right turn in front of a bicyclist traveling straight in the bike lane;
- A driver rear-ends a bicyclist trying to avoid a car parked in the bike lane;
- A driver of a parked car opens their door into the bicyclist; and
- A driver runs a traffic light or stop sign.
Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicyclists have minimal safety gear protecting them from a personal injury. When a bicycle and a motor vehicle collide, the consequences may be catastrophic or even deadly to the cyclist.
Bicycle accident injuries may include, but are not limited to, any of the following:
- Head and brain injuries, including traumatic brain injury;
- Neck and back injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis;
- Broken bones and fractures;
- Amputations and disfigurement;
- Road rash; and
- Potentially, death.
Compensation for a Bicycle Accident in West Chester
The amount of compensation for a bicycle accident varies from case to case. Compensation depends on the type and severity of the victim’s injuries and the victim’s prognosis for recovery.
The categories of bicycle accident compensation may include, but are not limited to:
- Medical bills;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental and emotional trauma;
- Loss of consortium; and
- Wrongful death.
Bicycling Safety Tips
At Wilk Law, we want you to stay safe when cycling by following these tips:
- Obey all traffic laws;
- Ride with the flow of traffic;
- Wear bright and reflective clothing;
- Always wear a helmet;
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times;
- Look both ways at intersections; and
- Use hand signals when turning.
Contact a West Chester Bicycle Accident Attorney
If someone else’s negligence injured you or your loved one while bicycling, call Wilk Law for advice. Our bicycle accident attorneys work tirelessly to recover the maximum compensation available for bicycle accident injuries and to hold negligent parties responsible for their actions.
Schedule your free consultation today, or call us at (855) 946-3678. At Wilk Law, we only collect legal fees when we win compensation for you.