Montgomery County Truck Accident Lawyer
The victims of truck accidents face challenges composed of more than hefty medical bills and lost wages. Some truck accident victims suffer lifelong injuries that require extensive medical treatments, corrective surgeries and leave them disfigured. Others are victims of truck accidents not because they were in the accident but because they lost a loved one.
If someone else’s negligence injured you or killed your loved one, the experienced truck accident attorneys at Wilk Law want to help. Whether your goal is to hold the negligent parties responsible for the truck accident, find closure for your family, obtain compensation for your losses, or any combination of these, Wilk Law has the knowledge and resources to do so.
At Wilk Law, we provide truck accident victims with the following:
- Personal service;
- Compassionate support; and
- Aggressive representation.
Call our office today at (855) 946-3678 or contact us online to find out more about our firm and dedication to victim recovery. Our truck accident attorneys will answer your claim questions during your free consultation and help you explore your legal options.
Why You Need a Montgomery County Truck Accident Attorney
You should contact a truck accident attorney after any severe truck accident. Your case’s success depends on the strength of your truck accident claim, and Wilk Law’s truck accident attorneys pride themselves on building you the strongest claim possible based on the facts of your case.
Securing the appropriate amount of compensation for you takes a lot of hard work, resources, and knowledge. Wilk Law’s truck accident attorneys do the following on your behalf:
- Handle all communications with the insurance company;
- Collect all evidence, including the black box information, driver safety records, and company safety records;
- Assess your total losses and determine an appropriate compensation amount;
- Hire needed medical, financial, and accident reconstruction experts;
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company that covers your current and future accident-related needs; and
- File a lawsuit and proceed to trial if necessary.
The insurance company is not on your side. Do not make any recorded statements or sign any settlement documents from an insurance company before discussing your claim with Wilk Law. We will provide you with the legal support you need and ensure you receive a full and fair settlement for your injuries.
Types of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are unique. The size and weight difference between a fully loaded commercial truck and a passenger vehicle is over seventy-five thousand pounds. Therefore, truck accidents carry a greater risk for serious injuries and fatalities than those in passenger vehicles.
The most common truck accidents are:
- Jackknife accidents. A truck nearly bends in half to form a “V” shape;
- Rear-end accidents. This is a prevalent accident as commercial trucks are heavy and difficult to stop;
- Underride accidents. Underride accidents are one of the most deadly to occupants of a passenger vehicle. These occur when a vehicle driving behind a commercial truck runs into the back of the truck and slides underneath its undercarriage;
- Rollover accidents. A rollover accident is when a truck rolls over onto its side or flips; and
- Blind spot accident. Commercial trucks have blind spots at the truck’s rear and sides, making other vehicles challenging to see and easy to hit.
Liability for Truck Accidents in Montgomery County
Truck driver negligence accounts for nearly forty percent of all truck accidents in the United States. However, truck accidents lend themselves to multi-party liability. Any of the following parties, and more, may be liable to some degree for a truck accident:
- The trucking company;
- The manufacturer of trucking equipment or parts;
- The manufacturers of the truck itself;
- A mechanic or maintenance technician;
- A cargo loader;
- A shipper;
- Another driver; or
- A government agency or contractor.
An experienced truck accident attorney will conduct a thorough investigation into your truck accident claim and identify all liable parties for your injuries.
Contact Our Montgomery County Truck Accident Lawyers
Contact a Montgomery County truck accident attorney at Wilk Law as soon as possible following a truck accident. Call us at (855) 946-3678 or online. Evidence and witnesses tend to disappear with time, making it more challenging to build a strong case for compensation and hold every liable party responsible for their part in your accident.
Wilk Law wants to hear your story and discuss how to meet your needs and expectations. If money is a concern, our truck accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only collect fees when we win compensation for you.