Montgomery County Personal Injury Lawyer
A serious personal injury accident can affect your life both now and for years to come. You may face expensive medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and ongoing monthly expenses you cannot afford. If you or a loved one suffered injuries through no fault of your own, call Wilk Law for an honest evaluation of your claim and an assessment of any damages you are owed.
- Proven successful;
- Recognized for excellence in the legal community;
- Compassionate and capable; and
- An established law firm with decades of combined experience.
Contact Wilk Law online or call today at (855) 946-3678 and schedule your complimentary consultation. We have the knowledge and resources to pursue even the largest insurance companies and corporations. At Wilk Law, there are no upfront fees or any costs until we win your claim.
How a Montgomery County Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Always take the important first step of meeting with a personal injury attorney like ours at Wilk Law for personalized advice regarding your claim. Personal injury claims, even those that seem relatively cut and dry on the surface, are often more complicated than they appear. Unless you have the time, knowledge of the law, and legal experience of a personal injury attorney, you may be better off handing your case to a professional.
At Wilk Law, our personal injury attorneys handle every aspect of your claim. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Managing all insurance company correspondence;
- Notifying creditors of your pending claim;
- Investigating your accident;
- Interviewing witnesses and collecting evidence;
- Identifying all liable parties and sources of compensation;
- Hiring any needed expert witnesses;
- Assessing the value of your losses;
- Settling your claim fairly outside of court; or
- Filing your court case; and
- Proceeding towards trial.
Call Wilk Law before making any statements to or signing any documents from the insurance company at (855) 946-3678. This will help protect your legal rights.
If you already have a settlement offer, bring it to us for a free review. We can advise you if the offer is fair and of other legal options you may have available.
What is a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury is the harm one person suffers due to the negligent actions or recklessness of another person or company. A personal injury claim is how the injured person seeks compensation for their injuries and other accident-related losses.
The money paid out in a personal injury claim not only compensates the victim but also serves as a way to hold any negligent parties responsible for the injuries they caused. Personal injury lawsuits are private lawsuits between private parties.
In criminal lawsuits, the state or local government file and prosecute criminal charges against a private party. The victim in a criminal lawsuit is the state, and punishment includes jail or prison time and restitution of some kind.
What is the Pennsylvania Personal Injury Claims Process?
The personal injury claims process consists of five basic steps. Not all steps are necessary, as most personal injury claims settle before the court process.
- Claim submission. The victim or their attorney files a claim with both the victim’s insurance company and the at-fault party’s insurance company depending on the circumstances of the accident;
- Provide proof. The insurance company appoints a claims adjuster to validate the claim and provide proof of the other party’s negligence and all of the victim’s expenses and total losses;
- Evaluate any settlement offers. The claim is either denied, or the insurance adjuster advances a settlement offer. The victim’s attorney will offer advice as to the reasonableness of the settlement offer;
- Negotiations. The victim makes a counteroffer and enters negotiations. If there is no mutual agreement, a lawsuit begins;
- File a lawsuit. Settlement attempts continue until trial. At trial, the attorneys for the victim and insurance company argue for their sides and present evidence. The judge will make a ruling on the evidence.
It is never wise to represent yourself, even if you are an attorney. There is a saying, “the attorney who represents him or herself has a fool for a client.” Whenever possible, consult with an attorney and get an educated, unemotional opinion and sound advice regarding your personal injury claim.
Common Personal Injury Accidents in Montgomery County
Personal injury claims arise from personal injury accidents. The most common personal injury accident is a car accident. Some other common personal injury accidents are:
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Commercial truck accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Medical malpractice;
- Premises liability injuries;
- Workplace accidents; and
- Wrongful death.
The most severe personal injury that can occur in a personal injury accident is a catastrophic injury. A catastrophic injury is any injury that “permanently prevents an individual from performing any gainful work.”
Catastrophic injuries are usually the result of permanent brain or spinal cord damage and include:
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis;
- Head and brain injuries, including traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- Amputations; and
- Severe burns.
Compensation for Montgomery County Personal Injury Accidents
Severe injuries, especially catastrophic injuries, have a lifelong impact on personal injury victims. Therefore, compensation for significant injuries must cover current and future accident-related needs.
Potential recovery for personal injury claims may include any of the following and more:
- Medical expenses;
- Loss of income;
- Lost earning potential;
- Property damage;
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation;
- Accommodations for disabilities;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental and emotional anguish;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Loss of interest in life;
- Loss of quality of life; and
- Wrongful death.
Call a Montgomery County Personal Injury Lawyer Today
All personal injury claims are different and have different types and amounts of compensation available to victims. If you would like to know more about compensation in your specific case, call the personal injury attorneys at (855) 946-3678 or contact them online for personalized information.
Wilk Law understands how complicated and confusing the personal injury claims process can be for you and your family. We are here to answer your questions at no charge and ease your mind about moving forward with your claim.