Bucks County Car Accident Attorneys
Do not allow car accident injuries, medical bills, and mounting expenses to overwhelm you and your family, call the experienced car accident team at Wilk Law. At Wilk Law, we are proud to offer victims of severe car accidents the following and much more:
- Client-focused service;
- Prompt replies to texts, emails, and phone calls;
- Personalized legal options;
- Referrals to specialized medical care;
- Compassionate, caring legal counsel; and
- Aggressive, client-driven negotiators and litigators.
If you suffered injuries in a Bucks County car accident through no fault of your own, contact Wilk Law and schedule your free claim review and consultation. If money is a concern, we offer our clients a contingency fee arrangement. This means we charge only when we recover compensation for you.
Our Bucks County Car Accident Attorneys Can Help
Let Wilk Law’s car accident attorneys represent you and your best interests from start to finish. Car insurance companies and their adjusters are interested in making money and saving money for their shareholders. They want to settle your claim quickly by denying it altogether or offering you less than what it is worth and hoping you will agree.
Wilk Law uses their combined decades of legal experience to fight for the fair and just value of your claim. Using our services is a benefit to you. It keeps you from making any recorded statements that could adversely affect your case or negatively impact your ability to receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
At Wilk Law, we work tirelessly behind the scenes building the most substantial car accident claim possible on your behalf. This includes doing the following:
- Investigating your accident;
- Gathering any evidence and speaking with witnesses;
- Determining all responsible parties and sources of compensation;
- Handling all insurance company correspondence and phone calls;
- Dealing with debt collectors regarding medical bills;
- Negotiating a settlement with the insurance company; or
- If no fair settlement is possible, filing a lawsuit and proceeding with litigation.
Speak with our car accident attorneys now about your Bensalem car accident claim and learn the car accident claims process. Do not let the insurance company take advantage of you in your time of need. Wilk Law’s car accident attorneys will meet with you at our office or anyplace you feel comfortable.
Causes of Car Accidents in Bucks County
The majority of Bucks County car accidents are the result of human error or negligence. In 2017, a car accident injured someone in Pennsylvania every eight hours. While many of these accidents were minor, there were 1,137 fatalities.
To stay safe on Pennsylvania roadways, you must know how to drive carefully and what types of driver behaviors to watch out for. The largest threat to drivers in Pennsylvania is distracted driving. Distracted driving is any activity that diverts attention from driving.
Distracted driving may include, but is by no means limited to:
- Talking or texting on the phone;
- Eating and drinking;
- Applying makeup or grooming;
- Using a navigation system; and
- Talking to others inside the vehicle.
Other common causes for accidents are:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Aggressive driving;
- Driver inexperience;
- Reckless driving;
- Unfamiliarity with an area;
- Prescription drugs;
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals;
- Tire blowouts;
- Driving at night;
- Failure to properly maintain the vehicle.
External causes of car accidents may or may not involve some form of driver negligence in addition to an external influence. Examples of external causes of car crashes are:
- Poorly designed or manufactured vehicle parts;
- Vehicle defects;
- Poorly designed road construction;
- Hazardous roads; and
- Inclement weather.
Be proactive and pay attention while driving. Always minimize any distractions and anticipate the actions of others. Doing so may save lives.
Common Car Accident Injuries
When a car accident does happen, it causes numerous personal injuries to the body. In fact, there is a one in five chance of receiving injuries in a car accident. Both major and minor injuries occur to the outside of the body in a car accident.
However, some of the most dangerous car accident injuries are within the body. These go unnoticed without the help of a medical specialist and immediate medical treatment.
These internal injuries usually include head and brain injuries like traumatic brain injuries. A victim may not detect a traumatic brain injury for days or even weeks after their car accident. Treating serious brain injuries is a lifelong process.
Regardless of their location in or on the body, car accident injuries include the following, and more:
- Whiplash. This is the most common car accident injury. Whiplash involves a quick, painful, whip-like motion of a body from front to back. Whiplash takes weeks or months to heal;
- Bruising and Contusions. These are rarely serious and generally heal on their own;
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries or TBI. Brain injuries may cause headaches, sleeping difficulties, and seizures. They are challenging to diagnose, and victims must receive treatment to avoid lifelong consequences;
- Broken ribs and bones. Broken ribs and bones take a few months of rest and recovery for healing. Some bones may need setting and even hardware to heal correctly;
- Internal bleeding and organ damage. Any internal bleeding and organ damage needs immediate attention and potentially, surgery to repair damage and save the injured person’s life after a car accident;
- Neck and back injuries, including herniated discs. These often require physical therapy, with the most severe cases requiring surgery;
- Spinal injuries, including paralysis. As with neck and back injuries, these could need physical therapy and surgery for recovery;
- Knee injuries;
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), mental or emotional trauma. Psychologists and therapists treat any PTSD, mental, emotional, or other psychological issues from car accident trauma, and;
- Wrongful death.
The force and pressure of a car accident are too much for the human body to withstand without some repercussions. Therefore, it is best to take any safety precautions available to protect oneself from car accident injuries such as:
- Wearing a seatbelt;
- Receiving medical care immediately following a car accident; and
- Following up on any care recommendations after an initial evaluation.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Bucks County
No matter what precautions you take and how careful you are, it is not always possible to avoid a car accident. Therefore, knowing what to do after a car accident is crucial.
After an auto accident, take these key steps to ensure your legal rights and physical well-being:
- Stop. Never leave the scene of an accident. Doing so is illegal;
- Do not admit fault or accept responsibility. Your insurance company and your car accident attorney will determine fault for the accident;
- Call for police and medical assistance. The officer will document the scene and gather personal information and statements from anyone present. Get medical care as soon as possible for your injuries even if you do not think your injuries are severe at present;
- Document the accident scene. Only if safety allows, take photos and collect witness information on site. Take a picture of the other driver’s license, insurance card, and VIN. This will help with any future accident claim;
- Contact your insurance company. Call your insurance agent or company at once to report the accident;
- Contact an experienced car accident attorney. Call an experienced car accident attorney before making any statements to or signing any documents from the other insurance company; and
- Stay off of social media. Insurance companies troll social media to find evidence they can use against you and lower your claim compensation. Never post anything online about your car accident.
Contact a Bucks County Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you suffered car accident injuries or lost a loved one to a serious car accident in Bensalem, contact an experienced car accident attorney at Wilk Law today. At Wilk Law, not only are our car accident attorneys experienced, but we are committed to winning you the compensation you need. We will promptly schedule you for a free initial consultation and immediately begin work on your claim.